SLIDER

Are You Keeping Up With Your Resolutions?



January 1st 2014: We all begin a new year full of hope and new resolutions that we want to achieve for a new year...There's something exciting about new beginnings and I think we all see a new year as a way to empower ourselves and believe that anything is possible...but is it? I'm sure it is, but it will be only if we work for it...

The first quarter of the year is over! Welcome to April!  and this just got me into thinking about the resolutions I had written for this year...I'm working on many, like this blog for example is one of them, but there is one special resolution that I am not working hard enough on...and that's the resolution we ALL write EVERY YEAR : Loose weight! ( ''Shocking'' uh?) we can also call this: have a healthier lifestyle, exercise more, loose XX pounds, eat less junk food, etc.  Why is this SO hard? I bet this is the most popular resolution of all!

So, as I was telling you, I just realized that I'm far from my weight loss goal..and I decided to write this post about this resolution just because it's the one that we are most likely to fail, ( Sad...but true..let's be real..). This time I'm sharing some of my tips and thoughts I try to repeat myself everytime that I feel that I'm going to fail...PLEASE if you have any other tips, it would be great if you could share them on the comments :)  Here's my list, hope it helps ;) :


1o. de Enero 2014: Todos empezamos un nuevo año lleno de esperanza y nuevas metas que queremos lograr para el nuevo año...Hay algo emocionante en los comienzos y pienso que todos vemos un nuevo año como una manera de agarrar fuerzas y creer que todo es posible...pero lo es? Estoy segura que sí, pero solo lo será si trabajamos por eso...

El primer trimestre del año se acabó! Bienvenidos a Abril! esto me puso a pensar sobre las resoluciones que había escrito yo para el año nuevo...Estoy trabajando en varias, como este blog por ejemplo es una de ellas, pero hay una resolución en la que no estoy trabajando lo suficientemente fuerte...y esa es la resolución que TODOS escribimos TODOS LOS AÑOS: Perder de peso! ( ''Shocking'', no? ) también le podemos llamar: tener un estilo de vida más saludable, hacer más ejercicio, perder XX libras, comer menos comida rápida, etc.  Por qué es tan difícil? Apuesto a que es la meta más popular de todas!

Así es que como les estaba diciendo, me acabo de dar cuenta que estoy lejos de mi meta de perder peso, y decidí escribir este post sobre esta resolución porque es la que estamos más propensos a fallar...( Es triste pero cierto, seamos realistas...).  Esta vez les comparti un serie de tips y pensamientos que trato de repetirme cada vez que siento que voy a fallar...POR FAVOR, si tienen algun otro tip, sería buenísimo si los pudieran compartir en la sección de comentarios :) Aquí está mi lista, espero que les ayude ;) :


1. Establish a realistic and measurable goal: In the past, I used to write: ''loose weight'', but that's too general, I could loose 1LB during the whole year and with that I would be achieving the goal, but that's not the point..So, this year I set a number of  Lb's and a date...which is getting closer...That way I can keep up and check if I'm working enough on that resolution or if I'm behind it.

1. Establecer una meta realista y medible: Antes yo solía escribir ´´Perder Peso´´, pero eso es muy general, podía perder 1 libra durante todo el año y con eso ya estaría cumpliendo mi meta, pero ese no era el punto...Así es que para este año establecí un número de libras y una fecha...la cual ya se está acercando...De esa manera puedo estar verificando si estoy trabajando lo suficiente para cumplir esa resolución o si voy retrasada.


2. See diet not as diet but as a lifestyle:  If we see this effort as a lifestyle, it won't be so hard and we won't feel like a duty we have to do.  It will be hard the first 15 days, but once you're passed that, you will start feeling it as part of your life. Just make sure not to fail repeatedly or you will throw that lifestyle away.

2. Ver la dieta no como dieta sino como un estilo de vida: Si vemos este esfuerzo como un estilo de vida, no nos será tan difícil y no vamos a sentir como que si es un tarea que tenemos que hacer.  Será difícil los primeros 15 días, pero una vez pases ese tiempo, empezarás a sentir que ya es parte de tu vida.  Sólo asegúrate que no falles repetidamente sino vas a botar todo el esfuerzo que hiciste y tendrás que volver a empezar.



3. Diet & Exercise is the only way: Diet pills? Done that, Fast diets? Been there, Magic Teas? Checked..Sorry to tell you but diet & exercise is the only way to loose weight..I don't why they haven't invented something by now..it would make our lives easier.

3.  Dieta y ejercicio son la única manera:  Pastillas para adelgazar? ya las he tomado, Dietas rápidas? ya las he hecho, Tés mágicos? también...Lo siento, pero dieta y ejercico son la única manera para perder peso...No se por qué con tanta tecnología no han inventado algo mejor...nos haría nuestras vidas más fáciles.



4. Choose a sport: This makes the exercise part more fun and less work, here are some options: swimming, jogging, cycling, spinning, Kickboxing ( This is the one I do ) ;)

4. Escoge un deporte:  Esto hace que la parte del ejercicio sera más divertida y menos trabajo, aquí hay unas opciones: natación, correr, bicibleta, spinning, Kickboxing ( Esta es la que hago yo ) ;)



5. Have a workout or diet partner: In the end is all about self control and determination but it really helps if you have someone next to you sharing the same goals you have, it could be anyone you want: a co-worker, your mom, best friend, your boyfriend, etc. If you find someone fighting for the same thing you are, you can make a really great team and support each other when one falls off the wagon.

6. Tener un compañero de ejercicio o de dieta:  Al final todo esto es sobre autocontrol y determinación, pero realmente ayuda si tienes a alguien contigo compartiendo las mismas metas que tienes, podría ser quien tu quieras: un compañero de trabajo, tu mamá, mejor amiga, novio, etc. Si encuentras a alguien luchando por las mismas cosas que tú, pueden hacer un buen equipo y apoyarse entre sí cuando alguno se está desviando de la meta.



What are your tips?

Cuáles son tus tips?


Please note that this post is just my personal opinion, you should check with your doctor before doing a diet or workout. 
Por favor notar que este es post expresa mi opinión personal, deberias de visitar un doctor antes de hacer una dieta o ejercicio.



Credits: Weheartit.com, Pinterest, link


6 comments

  1. I just say, it's easier said than done... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...it's so hard! but not impossible :)

      Delete
  2. I always try to stick with my resolutions. Great post.
    Beautetude

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely reminder that I'm not doing absolutely nothing of what I intended to...#1 is a great advise, I'll have re draft my resolutions and star working on them. Thanks for the reality check!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!

© The Rooftop Blog • Theme by Maira G.